What is the Derrick Brooks Golf Classic?
The Derrick Brooks Golf Classic is a charity golf tournament annual fundraising event hosted by Derrick Brooks Charities. The tournament welcomes local and national players, individuals, and four-person teams each year. Activities include competitive course games, live auctions, raffle draws, and more.
Proceeds from the Derrick Brooks Golf Classics will further help actualize the mission of Derrick Brooks Charities. The organization’s goal is to provide young people with more educational opportunities. It offers many programs to help young people become strong and productive community members.
The tournament begins with a Pairings Party before the day of the main event.
The 2022 Pairings Party will take place on October 1st, 2022. The main event will occur at the Old Memorial Golf Club on October 3rd, 2022.
Why Life Guard Imaging Is Sponsoring the Derrick Brooks Golf Classic
Life Guard Imaging’s motivation is to help the community, one person and one family at a time, to become healthier and stronger.
Derrick Brooks Charities have several programs with similar goals. They help young people lead healthier lives by improving their physical, mental, and academic well-being. Some of these programs help keep the enrollees away from vices, including drug abuse.
Drug abuse can lead to serious health consequences, including cancer and heart disease, Life Guard Imaging’s main focuses. Sponsoring and attending the Derrick Brooks Golf Classic contributes to raising a healthier generation.
The young people who pass through these programs grow up less susceptible to the adverse effects of neglecting physical and mental health, abusing drugs, and engaging in criminal activity.
How the Proceeds from the Derrick Brooks Golf Classic Can Help Derrick Brooks Charities
Derrick Brooks Charities use the proceeds from the golf tournament in the following ways:
Funding the Brooks Bunch Academies
Derrick Brooks Charities aims to empower, educate, and encourage local youth in the community. One of the ways they achieve this is through the Brooks Bunch Academies. The primary academy branches include:
- The Business Academy. The program at this academy equips students with the knowledge they need to make better business and financial decisions as they grow into adulthood. The program also teaches the fundamentals of entrepreneurship.
- The Life Skills Academy. The program at this academy equips students with valuable life skills such as communication, emotion management, conflict resolution, decision-making, and more.
- Math and Reading Academy. Young people are disadvantaged significantly in the modern world if they can’t read and write. This academy teaches arithmetic, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and more.
Funding the Derrick Brooks Charities Youth Programs (DBCYP)
The DBCYP is a collection of programs geared toward helping young people become the best they can be. Some of the sub-programs under the DBCYP include:
- Gang prevention education
- Black-on-black crime prevention
- Youth crime prevention
- Behavior modification training
- Employability skills training
Life Guard Imaging is proud to sponsor the Derrick Brooks Golf Classic to help the Derricks Brooks Charities continue their immensely positive impact on Tampa’s youth populace.